Founded in July 2016, Shanghai Intex Exhibition (Co., Ltd.) was originally the exhibition organizing business of Intex Shanghai, a pioneering exhibition organizer established in 1995 and now independent of the Intex venue management business. Shanghai Intex is jointly overseen by the China Council for the Promotion of International Trade (CCPIT) Shanghai and PNO Exhibition Investment （Dubai） Limited, which makes it the perfect combination of local and international resources.
From 1998 onwards, we have organized over 100 tradeshows and over 1000 conferences, with a sum total exhibition space in excess of 2 million square meters during this time. We have a number of internationally renowned exhibitions covering the music industry, consumer electronics, healthcare, lifestyle, floriculture, advanced manufacturing, public transport, and more.
Shanghai Intex is made up of professional teams with a wealth of experience in organizing major international events, with deep insight and understanding of their respective target industries. Through our exhibitions, conferences and online platforms, we connect our exhibitors with the visitors they need, bringing together buyers and distributers, government agencies and associations, media and other stakeholders in meaningful and beneficial ways.
With a culture of continuous innovation, we are transforming traditional events into multi-channel online platforms with a strong focus on social media, offering new types of engagement to promote our clients and their interests more effectively than ever before. It is in this way that we are making our contribution to the transformation of the modern events services sector in Shanghai and beyond.
A Brief Overview of Our Shows
- October, 2017 – The @PLSS Academy launched at Prolight+Sound Shanghai, aiming to promote industry development under the show brand’s banner and encourage the production of innovative new IP.
- September, 2017 – The 17th Inter Lubric China reached a record high in show space and strengthens the position of No.1 show in the lubricant industry. Inter Lubric China also signed a deep collaboration MOU with STLE, establishing a solid staging foundation for the international market.
- May, 2017 – The 19th Hortiflorexpo Shanghai attracted more than 800 exhibitors from 30 countries and regions all over the world, making it the biggest trade fair of its kind in Asia.
- 2017 – With CES Asia being successfully held in Shanghai for 3 years running, CES Asia won “the most successfully launched fair in China” award in the China Convention and Exhibition Industry Golden Finger awards.
- 2015 – China AID moved to the Shanghai New International Expo Center and the show scale was listed as the largest in China’s elderly care industry.
- May, 2015 – The debut of CES Asia at the Shanghai New International Expo Center and surrounding five-star conference facilities attracted 218 well-known exhibitors and 28,682 visitors, including global industry leaders alongside the world’s press and media. Internationally acclaimed as a huge success, it has since become the annual gala of the consumer technology industry in Asia.
- May, 2015 – The first Beijing Music&Life Show was successfully held at the Beijing Exhibition Center. Covering over 20,000sqm, it formed a strategic position branching from Music China.
- April, 2013 – Prolight+Sound Shanghai awarded as “Top Shanghai International Fair Brand” by the Shanghai International Exhibition Review Committee and the Shanghai Convention and Exhibition Industry Association.
- December, 2012 – IPGEXPO was held in Guangzhou, the city of flowers, gaining great support from the municipal government. As a sub-show of Hortiflorexpo Shanghai, IPGEXPO is the only officially designated show in the Southern Area of China.
- May, 2012 – Rail+Metro/Tunnel China is highly praised by visiting leaders and influencers of China’s railway and public transportation industries.
- 2012 – China AID moved to Shanghai World Expo Center, expanding its exhibit profile to “Senior Care, Rehabilitation Medicine and Healthcare”.
- 2012 – The Music China team honored as “Youth Civilization Unit” by the Communist Youth League, Shanghai municipal authorities.
- 2012 – Hortiflorexpo Shanghai enters into strategic cooperation with IPM, the largest plant show in Germany, enhancing its international communication platforms for industry professionals and practitioners at home and aboard.
- 2011 – As an important development activity for Inter Lubric China, the first China International Lubric Industry Development Summit was held in Beijing. From then on, it has become the most influential annual activity in the field in China.
- 2008 – Music China awarded “Best Shanghai Exhibition Brand”, first of fifteen awarded shows in Shanghai’s exhibition history.
- June, 2007 – Rail+Metro China moved to Shanghai New International Exhibition Center, gaining particular attention from the Shanghai government leadership. Mr. Han Zheng, then Mayor of Shanghai visited the show and Mr. Yang Xiong, then Vice Mayor of Shanghai attended the show opening ceremony.
- 2006 – Music China awarded as “Top ten brand exhibition of light industry in China” by the Chinese Light Industry Association.
- 2002 – Music China was successfully launched by Intex Shanghai with a floor space of 15,000sqm, creating a completely new international trade and communication platform for the musical instrument industry.
- 2000 – As an important activity of Paralympic Games, Mr. Deng Pufang, the then Chairman of the China Disabled Persons Federation, and other officials attended the opening ceremony and cut the ribbon for the 1st China Aid exhibition, held in the Intex Shanghai venue.